How to buy
Buying on GovPlanet is Easy
Three Ways to Buy on GovPlanet
Online Auctions2 Auctions, 2 Days. Our Featured and Timed auctions take place on Tuesday and Wednesday for GovPlanet items. The Featured Auctions are live unreserved auctions, launching for a set period according to a preset schedule, while Timed Auctions are live week-long events, giving you immediate access to the winning auction price. If you cannot attend an event, you can place a PriorityBid, up to two weeks in advance. Try our auction now in our Practice Auction.
Buy NowNeed equipment now? With a wide selection of equipment, buyers can buy what they need immediately at competitive fixed prices.
Make an OfferSubmit your best offer for an item and the seller can accept it, reject it, or make a counter offer.
Insider tips from the pros
- Find out everything you need to know about buying a Tactical Vehicle and get your own before they’re gone!
- Place PriorityBids. Can't be online when an auction is closing? Place a PriorityBid! Submit your maximum bid and our system will bid the lowest amount required for you to win up to your max. Another reason to place a PriorityBid? In the case of a tie, the first PriorityBid placed will win!
- Add items to your Watch List & get alerts. Add a specific item to your Watch List and you'll get alerts when the item is accepting bids and before it closes so you won't miss it!
- Create Saved Searches. Want to be the first to know when we get new inventory? Save your searches and receive alerts when matching items are added to our inventory.
- Search by NSN. Searching by NSN (National Stock Number) is easy. Simply place your desired NSN in the search bar to easily find the items you are looking for.
Frequently Asked QuestionsSee All FAQ's
Sign up and request buying privileges here. Once you are approved to buy, you will be able to bid on all IronPlanet marketplaces, including GovPlanet. Additional information maybe needed if buying specific items. If you are a reseller or have a sales tax exemption, file your certificate now on My Account Page and get through checkout faster.
No. All bids placed in any IronPlanet marketplace auction are final and binding. You can always increase, but can never reduce or rescind your maximum bid amount.
Once your payment for an item has successfully been processed, just follow these steps:
- 1. Review your Item Release Form* (available on your IronPlanet account) for scheduling contact. If your item notes IronPlanet Pickup Support for the seller:
- a. Call our customer support team at 1-888-433-5426
- b. GovPlanet will verify whether the seller has requested pickup support, where we provide you or your transporter with the site name and address after scheduling a pickup time window. In the interest of protecting our sellers’ privacy, we provide their address only and all email and phone communication is through GovPlanet Customer Care.
- c. GovPlanet will send you a confirmation of the scheduled pickup appointment along with your Item Release Form with an Item Release Code. These are also available for download from your GovPlanet account after purchase and must be presented when picking up your item.
- 2. If a seller has agreed to release their contact and location information to buyers, you will find it on your item release form available for download from your IronPlanet account. In this case you can contact the seller directly to arrange pickup.
You may be exempt from sales tax if you meet all the following criteria:
- 1. You are a reseller of like-kind equipment as the equipment you just bought; and
- 2. You have a valid Seller Permit (or its equivalent) from your state; and
- 3. You have completed the Exemption or Resale Certificate for your state and submitted it to IronPlanet via fax 925-660-3020 or email to email@example.com; and
- 4. You have submitted a Bill of Lading from a common carrier for shipment of your purchase.
Unless otherwise noted, IronPlanet will send the title to you within 15 business days after the close of the auction. Your title/titling document will be forwarded via a delivery source that will allow you to track your package (Federal Express or some other service). Tactical Vehicles and items requiring EUC approval by the DLA may incur a 20-60 day wait time. Title inquiries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find equipment & view inspection reports
- Browse through thousands of items. View equipment & review inspection reports up to three weeks before an item closes. You can search our inventory or browse by equipment category.
- Inspection reports that are unique in the industry. Items with our IronClad Assurance® stamp come with detailed inspection reports, photos and more and are backed by our IronClad Assurance® condition certification so you can buy with confidence.