How to buy
Buying on GovPlanet is Easy
& Open to Everyone
Sign Up Now
Three Ways to Buy on GovPlanet
Online AuctionsFeatured auctions or Time Auctions.
If you can’t participate in an auction, you can place a PriorityBid, up to two weeks in advance.
Buy it NowAvailable on a wide selection of items, “Buy it now” allows you to immediately buy what you need at a set competitive price.
Make an OfferSubmit your best offer for an item and the seller can accept it, reject it, or make a counter offer.
Bidding and Buying Tips
- Can't be online during an auction? Place a PriorityBid! Submit a maximum bid and our system will bid for you. In the case of a tie, the first PriorityBid placed wins!
- Add items to a Watch List and get email alerts when the item is accepting bids so you don’t miss it
- Save your searches and receive email alerts when matching items are added to our inventory.
- Search by NSN (National Stock Number). Enter the NSN you’re looking for in the search bar to see what's available.
Frequently Asked QuestionsSee All FAQ's
Sign up and request buying privileges here. Once you are approved to buy, you will be able to bid on all IronPlanet marketplaces, including GovPlanet. Additional information maybe needed if buying specific items. If you are a reseller or have a sales tax exemption, file your certificate now on My Account Page and get through checkout faster.
No. All bids placed in any IronPlanet marketplace auction are final and binding. You can always increase, but can never reduce or rescind your maximum bid amount.
Once your payment for an item has successfully been processed, just follow these steps:
- 1. Review your Item Release Form* (available on your IronPlanet account) for scheduling contact. If your item notes IronPlanet Pickup Support for the seller:
- a. Call our customer support team at 1-888-433-5426
- b. GovPlanet will verify whether the seller has requested pickup support, where we provide you or your transporter with the site name and address after scheduling a pickup time window. In the interest of protecting our sellers’ privacy, we provide their address only and all email and phone communication is through GovPlanet Customer Care.
- c. GovPlanet will send you a confirmation of the scheduled pickup appointment along with your Item Release Form with an Item Release Code. These are also available for download from your GovPlanet account after purchase and must be presented when picking up your item.
- 2. If a seller has agreed to release their contact and location information to buyers, you will find it on your item release form available for download from your IronPlanet account. In this case you can contact the seller directly to arrange pickup.
You may be exempt from sales tax if you meet one of the following criteria:
- 1. You are a reseller of the same type of equipment that you have purchased; and
- You have uploaded your valid Resale Certificate and the applicable non-resident form for the state your purchase is located in to MyAccount (click here to learn how to upload your sales tax exemption documents)
- 2. You have uploaded another valid sales tax exemption permit (e.g. Agriculture, Manufacturing) and a Preliminary Bill of Lading from a Third Party Common Carrier to My Account
Government Surplus and items requiring EUC approval by the government may incur a 30-60 business day wait time. For non government surplus items, we will send you the ownership document(s) within 15 business days of the sale. Your document will be forwarded via a delivery source that will allow you to track your package (FedEx or some other service). Title inquiries should be sent to email@example.com.
Find equipment & view inspection reports
- Browse or search thousands of items. View equipment & review inspection reports up to three weeks before an item closes.
- Items with our IronClad Assurance® stamp come with detailed inspection reports, photos and more and are backed by our IronClad Assurance® condition certification so you can buy with confidence