Form SF97 for Government Surplus
SF97s for Government Surplus Vehicles
IronPlanet is now able to provide Form SF97s for off-road use of Humvees as well as select government surplus vehicles and trailers. When you buy a Humvee at auction, you'll now be able to choose to receive a Bill of Sale or a Form SF97 during Checkout.
What is Form SF97?
Form SF97 is a U.S. government-issued certificate that can be used to obtain a title for a vehicle. This form can be taken to your local titling agency.
Here’s How It Works
- Bid for and buy a Humvee or other qualifying item
- During Checkout, select from the following titling options:
- Bill of Sale: $25, formal receipt of purchase
- SF97: $50, U.S. government Certificate to Obtain Title for a Vehicle*
- Complete Checkout and make payment in full, then if applicable, apply for an End-User Certificate (EUC) within seven business days of the date of sale.
- If your purchase requires an EUC, your request will be processed once your EUC has been approved. Please read important timing information below.
- EUC: The EUC process, required for class-restricted government surplus equipment, is handled by the U.S. Government’s Trade Security Control (TSC) Office. We will provide you with the application, but once the form is submitted, processing time can vary and is not under our control. See Terms & Conditions. In our experience, the approval process can take anywhere from 8 to 12 weeks.
- Bill of Sale: available within five business days.
- SF97: Timing on issuance of SF97s will vary, depending on EUC processing time (if applicable) and volume of SF97 requests submitted to the DLA. Typically, buyers will receive their SF97 within 30 business days of EUC approval, though it can take up to 60 business days.